To help our clients and neighbors here in the Denver – Golden metro area, and across Colorado, we wanted to share a quick list of items that will help you know that things are done.
Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have about particular moving concerns. We are Colorado specialists and would like to be your movers.
8 to 14 days before you move
- Return overdue DVD’s.
- Collect all the items you may have loaned out.
- Make arrangements to disconnect gas, electric and other utilities.
- Make arrangements to connect utilities at your new place.
- Make arrangements to have major appliances prepped for moving.
2 to 7 days before you move
- Clear the garage and cabinets of flammables.
- Prepare a list of what to bring with you in the car or plane.
- Take down items like the undercounter appliances and pictures.
- Pack a suitcase with the items you’ll need on the trip.
- Pack the necessities you’ll need for the first few days.
The day before Moving Day
- Take down curtains and curtain rods.
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator.
- Clean and air out your stove.
- Plan your meals for tomorrow. You will probably need to eat on the move.
- Pack your personal belongings except your alarm clock.
- Board the pets and get the kids to the baby sitters.
- Collect all keys to locking items. Put them in a safe place.
- Strip the beds but leave them intact. We will dismantle them.
- Make sure you’re at home when the movers arrive.
- Walk around with the lead man while he does the inventory.
- Make sure everything is ready for the move.
- Keep your bill of lading and inventory in safe place.
- Confirm the expected delivery time with the driver.
- Before you leave, do a final walk through of every room.