8 to 14 days before you move
- Return overdue DVD’s.
- Collect all the items you may have loaned out.
- Make arrangements to disconnect gas, electric and other utilities.
- Make arrangements to connect utilities at your new place.
- Make arrangements to have major appliances prepped for moving.
2 to 7 days before you move
- Clear the garage and cabinets of flammables.
- Prepare a list of what to bring with you in the car or plane.
- Take down items like the undercounter appliances and pictures.
- Pack a suitcase with the items you’ll need on the trip.
- Pack the necessities you’ll need for the first few days.
The day before Moving Day
- Take down curtains and curtain rods.
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator.
- Clean and air out your stove.
- Plan your meals for tomorrow. You will probably need to eat on the move.
- Pack your personal belongings except your alarm clock.
- Board the pets and get the kids to the baby sitters.
- Collect all keys to locking items. Put them in a safe place.
- Strip the beds but leave them intact. We will dismantle them.
- Make sure you’re at home when the movers arrive.
- Walk around with the lead man while he does the inventory.
- Make sure everything is ready for the move.
- Keep your bill of lading and inventory in safe place.
- Confirm the expected delivery time with the driver.
- Before you leave, do a final walk through of every room.